Sunday, December 7, 2008

Trains

My first girlfriend, Isabelle, was in town from Little Rock for Thanksgiving so the next day we went on our first real train ride. We met at the depot to take the North Pole Express (i.e., Grapevine Vintage Railroad), but we never actually made it to the North Pole. Santa did come to visit us on our train, though. It was very cool, and I was in such awe that I actually behaved myself.

For playgroup last week we went to see the Trains at Northpark Center exhibit and saw elaborate displays of miniature cities/landmarks with vintage locomotives. There were so many trains going back and forth and I loved watching all of them . . . wondering how I could get my hands on those cars to disassemble them.

2 comments:

Flower Mound Mom said...

I've been wanting to both of those things. Don't know if it will happen this year, but it looks like TONS of fun.
Reccomend the Polar Express??? The boys are just dying to go on a real train ride. Was it worth the $$

Anonymous said...

It seems my language skills need to be strengthened, because I totally can not read your information, but I think this is a good BLOG