Sunday, April 13, 2008

Welcome Home, Natalie and Gavin!

This past Thursday Aunt Mimi and Nona came back from Russia with my two new cousins (Uncle Sam had come back earlier to go work). Natalie just turned three (like Mikinley) and Gavin is my age, so I have a few tricks to teach him (like having the most effective tantrum and how not to take "no" for an answer).

The whole family (including Sam, Papa, and the Kidds) went to the airport early to greet them, but it ended up being a couple of hours before they got out of customs. Fortunately, Kyleigh and Mikinley were there to keep me entertained otherwise Mommy and Daddy were going to visit that sports bar in the terminal.

On top of Aunt Mimi and Nona being gone for about a month (I missed Nona almost as much as Papa did), it was a long trip home for them with an overnight stay in South Korea and then a transfer in Japan, but they finally made it here safely. Even after such an exhausting ordeal, they all looked great. We are all excited to have Natalie and Gavin here!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a very special day! I'd love to hear more about their trip and their experience when things settle down! WELCOME HOME!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on your new cousins!! They are very cute! I'm glad everyone made it home safely.