Tuesday, December 18, 2007

No tan lines . . .

That's because I didn't spend too much time in the sun. The fog in Galveston on Sunday delayed the arrival of our ship by several hours and then we weren't even able to leave until Monday afternoon . . . which made us miss our first port time at Montego Bay. So we headed straight to our second destination at Grand Cayman island . . . along with tropical storm Olga. We instead arrived in Cozumel a day early and then went to Progreso (Yucatan, Mexico) the following day. Since there weren't any fun toddler-friendly excursions, Mommy and Daddy took turns entertaining me in port while the other had a good time without us. Unfortunately I didn't get to splash in the ocean since our plans kept changing, but the pool was fun and I did do some shopping in Mexico. The ship was huge and even had play areas for kids (and "camps" for kids over two). I must admit that I had a hard time adjusting to being away from home and my bed (unlike Reese and JP) and gave the family a really hard time, but we had a lot of quality time together on the ship- thanks to the fog and Olga. What matters most is that Lola and Papo had a great anniversary!

* Papo- I'm sorry that your head was cut off in one of these pictures by the border (I was cut out completely in our group picture!).

No comments: