Monday, October 29, 2007

Grandparents

I have been blessed with two sets of great (as in awesome) grandparents. Nona and Papa (Daddy's parents) live here so I get to see them weekly, but Lola and Papo (Mommy's parents) are in San Antonio so I don't get to see them that much. However, if they all lived here they would certainly be fighting over me!

Last Thursday my folks had to work (Mommy had to work for another speech therapist) and they missed my first costume parade at school. So Nona and Papa came to see me. There were a few other "Nonas," but I had the only "Papa" there. I guess that those kids aren't as loved as much as I am.

Then my parents left for the Texas-Nebraska game in Austin on Saturday and Nona and Papa stayed with me until Sunday. (Sidenote: There are a lot of things my parents do that I don't understand, like that work thing, but why they don't bring me to those fun games is beyond me.) I kept Papa really busy since he didn't seem to mind that his Huskers lost to Daddy's Longhorns. I had a great time because Nona wouldn't let me cry and Papa took me to the park twice a day. Papa even let me climb on some scary playground equipment . . . and I got to bust my lower lip! Now I look real tough so I'm going to intimidate that "scratching" boy in my class. I'll teach him how to fight like a man.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

BRODY! How fun that you get to spend time with Nona and Papa...that is just super sweet. There is nothing as special as grandparents.
Sorry about your boo boo.