Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Traumatic Day

Mommy has been wanting to go back to work but she was never able to figure out what to do with me. She didn't like the idea of a daycare and it's hard to find a nanny just for two days a week. So, last spring she enrolled me in a Mother's Day Out program. While I'm there, she is going to start her own private speech therapy business. I don't know why I wasn't consulted in all these decisions being made. I had no idea what was in store for me . . .

With the exception of the day I was born, today was the most traumatic day of my life. Mommy and Daddy had been really nervous about today (now I know why) and felt sorry for my poor teachers (that part I don't understand). My teachers Mrs. Jennifer and Mrs. Jennifer (it's unlikely I'll get their names wrong) were really nice when they greeted us this morning, but the next thing I knew Mommy and Daddy just LEFT ME THERE . . . FOR THE WHOLE DAY! I was really upset, but still ate all of my lunch and even took a nap there. Later in the afternoon they told Mommy that I did well, but I know the real story. Despite all the tears I kind of had a good time there, but I just hate being away from my folks. Hopefully that "school" thing is just a one time deal.

Do you like my new lunchbox?

Mrs. Jennifers

Don't leave me here!

Ready to go home in the afternoon (where are my shorts from this morning?)

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Awww . . . hopefully it'll get a little easier. Nothing fun about leaving a crying toddler! Congrats on your new job adventure Cynthia!

Stephanie said...

Good luck Brody...you will learn to have so much fun, then not want to go home :)

Jenny said...

Brody Bro...you are such a cutie cutesters! It was a big day...and we are soooooo proud of you. And that Mommy of yours is just silly, silly, silly!

Lane and Cole and Reed said...

don't fight it bro! i tried and tried for the first 2 weeks of my mother's day out program last year, and it didn't work. mamma still made me go! and, now, i'm going to an all new school - just when i got good at the old one. parents! ps- mamma said she'd call your mamma back soon!

Jennifer said...

You're growing up too quickly, Brody!! I don't like that you have SO many Jennifer's in your life. Hope I'm still #1. : )

Anonymous said...

Baby Brody, Aunt Mimi is soooo proud of you! The worst is over and it won't be long before YOU are teaching the Mrs. Jennifers the pythagorean theorem! :o)~ P.S. I bet you have the coolest lunch box!

Jenny said...

It seems your Mommy has made more time posting to my blog than yours???

Kellie said...

Cynthia, u r one funny writer!!!!

Anonymous said...

YOu look so big now Brody! Ninang likes your picture with your super cool lunch box. We are proud of you! we miss you.