Monday, December 21, 2009

Crazy Hair Day

Each month at school we have a themed spirit day when we wear our school shirt. In December it was "Crazy Hair Day." Many kids come with their hair spray painted and out of control (Mya will have an easy time with her hair when she starts attending school). My mom was tempted to just take me without combing my hair in the morning since it's usually a mess, but I let her put tons of product in it. I did promise not to stand too closely to any candles or open flames (please note that I am standing underneath Scout, our Elf on the Shelf).
I am now off for two weeks for Christmas (yes we can actually call it Christmas at our school). Surprisingly, Mom is thankful for this break. She says that it's because she doesn't have to get ready and rush out the door in the mornings (plus Mya gets to take her naps on time). I think that it's because she misses me those days that I'm expanding my spiritual and academic experiences. I do notice that she prays a lot more and asks for patience when I'm home. I guess patience is an synonym for gratitude.

No comments: