Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mother's Day

Each year at school we celebrate Muffins with Mom. Usually I eat everything off of my plate and Mom's, but this time Mya did that for me. She also ate the food off of my classmates and their moms. We did something different this year for Mother's Day. Kyleigh and Mikinley (ok, so actually their parents) have a horse, Backstrap, that was racing at Lone Star Park on Sunday, so the whole family spent the afternoon watching the races. How else would you honor your mother than gambling away her retirement? We were able to go down to where the horses get ready and meet the trainers and jockeys. Then we watched Backstrap race from down there; unfortunately he didn't win (he came in third). At the huge, yummy buffet with all the variety of dishes, I primarily chose to enjoy strawberries and cakes. So, that ended up being some really expensive fruit.

No comments: