Friday, August 3, 2007

Updates

In the past couple of months I have achieved many things. The saddest one for Mommy is for me to give up the bottle. She had worked hard since my birthday to substitute my morning bottle with a sippy, but I finally did it at 13 months. That must mean that I'm no longer a baby.

I am identifying a lot of common things/actions, following most routine directions, and demonstrating functional use of objects. I have learned to stand up on my own and take some steps independently. As of this past week, I am also starting to drop a nap. By the time Daddy gets home during those one-nap days, Mommy is ready for her own bottle (it's a big glass one with red "juice" in it).

This Sunday Mommy and I are flying to San Antonio to visit my other grandparents and relatives. We were going to drive there, but Lola and Papo didn't want us to drive "alone" (i.e., without Daddy). So, Mommy has hesitantly built up the nerve to take me on my first plane trip (that ride-on toy doesn't count). Although it's a short flight she's really nervous about it since I'm always on the go. But as long as I have all the room to climb and cruise around wherever I want, I'll do great. So, what's to worry about? I'll let you know next week how my trip goes. Mommy said that she might be leaving me there, though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck. Bubbles are good. At least your flight is short. He may just be interested in everything enough to get you through the hour. People around you will be entertaining him too (peek a boo). I would take a flight to SA anyday over the looong drive.
Hi to your Fam...

Jennifer said...

Good luck on the plane...good thing it is a short flight. Looking forward to seeing you both.

Anonymous said...

I love reading about baby Brody and his parents!! He sounds really funny!! I sit here and get very entertained by him!!

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.