Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sea World

This past weekend we had a nice, relaxing (not) car trip down to San Antonio to see the grandparents and let them spoil us with love and attention since we don't get enough of it at home. Mommy appreciates that we are able to sleep well there without the loud disturbances of barking dogs, garbage trucks, and lawn mowers right outside our windows.

I did have to miss a day of school for the trip, but it was worth it because we went to Sea World! Mya stayed with Lola and Papo while the folks and I went. This is my first visit to a large amusement park and it was so much fun. We played in a small water park (the big one was closed), rode on a ferris wheel, pet a baby alligator, saw dolphins, seals, sea lions, sharks, and best of all Shamu! Daddy wanted to sit in one of the front rows during Shamu's show, but Mommy didn't want me to get drenched. He thought that she was not being any fun, and her response was flatly, "Have you even met your son?" She knew quite well that I would not be amused by an unexpected wall of cold water on me and no extra change of dry clothes. After a long day with no nap, I had a great time with no meltdowns. Of course, we couldn't go to San Antonio without a ride on the golf cart and a few holes on the putting green with Papo. With all this practice, I might be able to beat him in several years.



As far as our road trip back home, who knew that a small, non-napping, seven-month old could be that loud for so long?

2 comments:

Daisy said...

how fun, looks like you guys had a great time! We haven't taken Lauren to anything major like that yet. Next year for sure. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooops, I don't know where I placed my comment but here it is again.Way to go Brody,you really had a great time huh, too bad you didn't get wet! Mommy is no fun, right? But what kind of parents that let their kid miss a full day of school, shame on them :) Sorry we missed you, we left for New York that Thurs.